1. If you want your pulses to sprout faster, use warm
water for soaking. After soaking for six hours, drain
the water and tie them up in a cloth. Your sprouts will
be ready within a few hours.
2. To keep puris puffed for a long time, add a pinch
of sugar to the dough.
3. A magnet in your sewing kit is extremely handy for
picking up stray pins and needles.
4. While storing cereals and pulses in airtight containers,
put a few dry chillies to keep insects away.
5. Rust marks on cloth can be easily removed by applying
a little bit of salt and then washing with a detergent.
6. Before cooking green peas, just add a few drops
of vinegar to retain the colour.